Reach-Up Head Start benefits greatly from the invaluable
support of volunteers!
Family and community involvement are vital components of a successful program.
Opportunities to be involved as a volunteer:
- Complete a part-time or full-time internship for Early Childhood, Social Work or Community Psychology degrees.
- Interact and develop positive relationships with young children in a Head Start classroom doing activities such as reading, art, or sharing a special talent.
- Assist teachers by preparing classroom activities at home (cutting, pasting, gluing, stapling, etc.)
- Assist staff and families at various parent/child events throughout the year.
- Assist with literacy events for children and their families.
- Various opportunities to assist and support the program administration and office staff.
- Serve on an agency advisory committee.
How to get started as a volunteer:
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 320-253-8110
- Ask about current opportunities
- Ask if a background study is required
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Application
Some volunteer opportunities have additional requirements. The volunteer coordinator will inform you what information is required for the volunteer opportunity you are interested in.
If a background study is required, all volunteers are required to pay $40 for the background study and $9.10 for the fingerprinting and photo services.