Get Involved with Volunteer Opportunities
- Complete a part-time or full-time internship for Early Childhood, Social Work, or Community Psychology degrees
- Interact and develop positive relationships with young children in a Head Start classroom with activities such as reading, art, or sharing a special talent
- Assist teachers by preparing classroom activities at home (cutting, pasting, gluing, stapling, etc.)
- Assist staff and families at various parent/child events throughout the year
- Assist with literacy events for children and their families
- Various opportunities to assist and support the program administration and office staff
- Serve on an agency advisory committee
Please Note: Some volunteer opportunities have additional requirements. The volunteer coordinator will inform you what information is required for the volunteer opportunity you are interested in.
If a background study is required, all volunteers are required to pay $40 for the background study and $9.10 for the fingerprinting and photo services.