Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant women and children who are less than three years old on September 1 of the program year are Early Head Start age.
- Children who are 3 or 4 years old on September 1 of the program year are Head Start age.
- Children who are 5 on September 1 of the program year are not eligible for Head Start because they are kindergarten age.
Lives in or will be moving to:
- Benton County
- Sherburne County
- Stearns county
- Family income from the last 12 months or last tax year meets the federal poverty guidelines.
- At least one family member receives MFIP/TANF (Minnesota Family Investment Program).
- At least one family member receives SSI (Supplemental Security Income).
- Family is homeless.
- The child has a documented disability or special need such as speech services, an IEP, an IFSP, etc.
- The child is in foster care.
Is there a fee?
- There is no cost for Early Head Start and Head Start programming.
- One Early Head Start and two Head Start classrooms, provide wrap around child care for a fee.
When should I apply?
- Applications are accepted year-round.
How do I apply?
- Get an application by clicking the button at the bottom of this page OR call the Reach-Up office to request an application: 320-253-8110.
- Submit by email or mail the completed application, proof of family income and the child’s immunization record to the Reach-Up Head Start office:
- 350 Hwy 10 S, Suite 100, St. Cloud, MN 56304
- Stop by the Reach-Up Head Start office if you need help with the application. Bring proof of your family income and the child’s immunization record.
What happens after I apply?
- Proof of income is reviewed to determine eligibility.
If your child is eligible:
- Your child will go on the waiting list for the program choice you marked on the application.
- Eligible children are enrolled when there are openings.
If your children are not eligible:
- A letter will be sent informing you right away.
Apply for your child: