APRIL IS EARTH MONTH
April is a month to raise environmental awareness. Did you know many researchers agree that children who play outside are happier, better at paying attention and less anxious than kids that spend more time indoors? Spending time outdoors has also been proven to help build confidence for kiddos.
5 WAYS TO TEACH KIDS ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT
- 1. Do a scavenger hunt – find different trees, plants or insects.
- 2. Make art projects with things you find in nature such as leaves, twigs, flowers or pebbles.
- 3. Teach children about animals – what animals can they find outside? Squirrels, rabbits, birds, dogs?
- 4. Take kids to a park to pick up trash and talk about why littering hurts the environment.
- 5. Simply get them in the fresh air!
Click here to continue reading the April 2023 edition of The Whistler.